WE ARE HONORED TO PROVIDE THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF CARE FOR MATTHEWS NC PATIENTS SINCE OPENING IN 1990. CALL US TODAY FOR EXPERT CHIROPRACTIC CARE:
Signs of Sciatica with Our Chiropractor at Matthew’s Family Chiropractic
If you are experiencing sciatica symptoms or wondering what causes sciatica, our Chiropractor invites you to Matthew’s Family Chiropractic.
Signs of sciatica that Dr. Hanna looks for include:
- Pain in your lower back
- Back pain that extends into your butt, hips or legs
- Weakness or numbness in your legs
- Numbness or a tingling sensation that travels down one leg and into your foot
When you arrive at Matthews Family Chiropractic with the above symptoms, our chiropractors, Dr. John Hanna and Dr. Mechelle Hanna, evaluate your condition to determine if you are struggling with sciatica. Not only are we looking for back pain, but other sciatica symptoms such as weakness and radiating pain. We may evaluate the way you walk, lift your legs and use your lower body muscles to determine if a nerve signal is being blocked.
What Causes Sciatica?
The sciatic nerve leaves your spine in your lower back. If this nerve is being blocked from a slipped disc, a vertebra that is out of alignment, muscular imbalance, back pain, leg weakness, and numbness; the nerve signal flow is not operating at its best and will affect your movements. We may use X-rays or other diagnostic imaging for a greater understanding of where the sciatic nerve interference is located.
Sciatica may occur following an injury, through overuse, or with the natural aging process. Once our chiropractors evaluate your condition, we use gentle chiropractic techniques in our treatment of sciatica. These techniques are designed to alleviate the pressure on the nerve and include:
- Chiropractic adjustments help to position the vertebrae off the nerve. This also allows herniated discs to return to their proper place.
- Physical therapy, which helps to restore muscular balance, strength, flexibility, and shows you how to protect your lower back from future injuries.
- Nutritional support so your body receives healing nutrients.
- Lifestyle guidance to maintain healthy posture and protect your sciatic nerve.
Contact Our Local Chiropractor in Matthews for More Information Today!
Chiropractic care removes the pressure from the sciatic nerve, so you are pain-free and able to return to full mobility. To learn more or to schedule your appointment, please contact us today at 704-845-0699.
What sciatica symptoms are you experiencing?
We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn about all of the services we can provide.
Make An Appointment
We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.