Treatment for Headaches and Migraines at Matthews Family Chiropractic
5 Types of Headaches
According to the Mayo Clinic, a migraine headache can cause severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation usually on one side of your head. It’s often accompanied by a nauseous feeling, possibly vomiting, and/or extreme sensitivity to light and sound while it is occurring. Migraine headache attacks can cause intense pain for up to hours or even days, and can be so bad that the pain is disabling to everyday life activities. Some warning symptoms known as a light aura might occur before or also accompany a headache of this type, according to Turramurra. These can include flashes of light, blind spots, or tingling on one side of the face or in your arm or leg.
Not every a headache is alike. At this practice, we care for people with headaches that typically fall into one of these five categories:
- Tension – One of the most common reasons for headaches is tension and stress. You have most likely experienced these after a long work day or after an emotional day when your head just aches. Our chiropractor tension headaches relief includes gentle adjustments and stress reduction.
- Cluster – These headaches are not as common but are frustrating. A cluster headache results in pain behind your eyes. This pain comes and goes up to three or four times a day and may last for days or even weeks.
- Sinus – Infections or plugged sinuses may lead to headaches. Our chiropractors adjust your neck and jaw to open your sinuses and reduce headache frequency.
- Hormone – Hormone fluctuations can cause headaches as your body tries to adjust to the changing levels. With chiropractic adjustments, your headache pain will be almost alleviated.
- Migraines – The intense head pain from a migraine may also include dizziness, light sensitivity, nausea or vomiting. Our goal for migraines is to align your spine so your body functions at a higher capacity. With this additional function, migraines will become less frequent.
- Other – It’s important to note that ancillary conditions can also be the cause of headaches, ranging from jaw issues but also including dental, as well as nutritional factors. Healthy meals, particularly a nutritious breakfast and adequate fluid intake, can assist as well.
Contact our Chiropractors for Migraines Today
Our chiropractors uncover the reasons for your headaches and use techniques such as gentle spinal adjustments, physical therapy and nutritional counseling to alleviate your pain. Let us show you our natural headache relief options by contacting us for an appointment today at 704-845-0699.